The microwave oven is currently among the most commonly used kitchen appliances in a number of homes. The main reason behind the widespread use of the microwave oven is its “time efficiency”. It can cook a wide range of foods within few minutes, microwave ovens are used for various applications including steaming vegetables, baking pastries, making pizzas, and heating overs. Countertop oven is particularly important for college students, bachelors, and busy parents with often have little time for cooking.
Choosing a Countertop Microwave Oven
There are various factors that one should take into consideration while choosing a countertop microwave. This includes considering some of the countertop microwave’s features in order to ensure that one chooses the most appropriate appliance. Some of the features are given below:
In order to determine the most appropriate size of the countertop microwave, one has to consider some variables.
(a) First of all, one should consider the amount of space available for the countertop microwave. Smallest options are suitable for the people staying in dormitories or rental houses.
(b) Secondly, consider the number of people in your family. It is obvious that the more the number of people in the family the more amount of food to be cooked at a given time.
(c) Finally, one should consider the type of cooking he or she is planning to do using the appliance. Smaller countertop microwaves are suitable for light cooking including heating soup while large microwaves are suitable for heavy cooking such as heating casserole dishes.
One can determine the appropriate wattage by using two factors: the speed required for cooking and the electrical set-up. Most homes can handle up to 1,650 watts while older homes can handle lesser wattage. With regard to speed, countertop microwaves with more watts cook faster than those with less watts.
3. Convention Oven:
Some homes have no room for traditional ovens.
4. Energy Efficiency:
Energy-efficient countertop microwaves causes minimal environmental pollution. Additionally, using energy-efficient microwaves will not make the user to become eligible to a tax rebate.
Generally, although pre-set buttons are not necessary, they can be helpful in facilitating a child to gain more independence. Microwaves with child-lock buttons are suitable for people with small children.
Sensors are often helpful in situations that requires large items to be cooked frequently.
How does Countertop Microwave Oven work?
1. First of all, the countertop microwave requires a power source. Countertop microwaves use a 120-volt power source, which is typically found in households.
2. Once the countertop microwave is connected to the power source, the transformer located inside it steps up the 120 volts to 4,000 volts or more based on the microwave’s model.
3. The resulting high voltage is utilized in powering an element referred to as the magnetron. In this case, the magnetron refers to a heating element located at the countertop microwave’s center.
4. On heating the filament, it ejects electrons which are spun via two ring magnets and hence generating microwaves.
5. The microwaves are then directed by an antenna into the so-called food compartment. This antenna is referred to as a wave guide.
6. The resulting microwaves bounce around within the countertop microwave and thus penetrating through the food substance and agitating its molecules, generating heat.
To buy this product, click below button: