Technology has really helped in making life easier in almost every field of life. One of the areas that technology has played a bigger role is in our homes. This is when you want to park your car into your home garage after a long day or out. As part of this technology, garage door openers are very convenient in opening the garage door such that the car owner does not have to manually open it. This greatly helps especially during bad weather or even for security purposes especially at night. To enjoy all these services, one needs the best garage door opener.
Factors to select the best garage door opener
As all other items, garage door openers have emerged in different models, brands and also prices. You need to ensure that you get the best garage opener that will effectively serve you. In order to achieve this, the following factors need to be considered:
Select a garage door opener that has a safety mechanism that can stop and reverse a closing garage door when other object passes under it. This will greatly help to prevent damage to cars, people or even pets.
If your garage has two doors, a half horse power garage door opener will be ideal for you. In case you have heavier garage doors for instance carriage doors, then consider a three quarter horse power garage door opener.
3. Size of the garage door
If your garage door is more than 7- feet tall, then consider buying your garage door opener together with an extension kit. This is because the standard garage door opener can only accommodate up to 7-feet tall door.
For security purposes, settle for a garage door opener that has an in-built rolling code feature. This will prevent a potential thief from accessing the code that can open the garage door.
5. Location of the garage
If your garage is attached to your house for instance beneath your bedroom, consider buying a garage door opener that is very quiet to avoid noise and disturbances especially at night. In this case the best garage door opener will be belt- drive opener which is the quietest.
6. Battery backup
Consider buying a model that has a battery backup, this will greatly help especially at times of black out. With such a model, you are sure of accessing the garage even when there is no electricity.
If you are a person who loves to do your things faster, then select a brand that uses least of time in opening the garage door.
8. Remote control
Select a garage door opener that that has a dual frequency remote control which will help to reduce any interference or crossing over with other garage door openers in the neighborhood.
Benefits of a garage door opener
Owning a garage door opener has the following benefits:
- A garage door opener is very convenient since you don’t have to get out of your car to open or close your garage door. This is convenient especially in rainy season.
- A garage door opener with codes will prevent a potential thief from trying to access your garage. This guarantees the safety of both your family and property.
- With a garage door opener, you will not worry about the garage door crashing on something or someone on the way. This is because the door is controlled automatically by the opener.
- With a garage door opener, less energy is required in opening and closing the garage door. Manual closing and opening of the garage door require a lot of energy.
- A garage door opener does not require frequent maintenance therefore saves on money.
- A garage door opener gives you peace of mind since you know that your car is safe as it is only you or your family who can access the opener.
The best garage door opener is suitable for ensuring the safety of your car. This is because a potential thief will not have access to your garage. It also suitable especially during rainy season as you won’t need to get out of your car so as to open or close your garage door. Some of the garage door openers found on amazon.com include: Garage door opener (Lift Master), Garage Door Opener Safety Beam (Linear). There are many more from Amazon with different features and also price. Hurry up and get one that suits your garage door needs.